Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Meet A Rocky Top Teacher

Hi y'all! My name is Sarah Young, and I am the teacher creator of the blog A Rocky Top Teacher. I am so honored to be one of the new bloggers of the collaborative group Spark of Inspiration.


Before I start posting regularly, I wanted to share a little bit about me. I am a fourth year teacher in East Tennessee. I have been in second grade for the last four years and LOVE teaching. I am currently in graduate school and will graduate with my Master's in Educational Leadership(administration) this May. I am also getting married in May. May is going to be one CrAzY month for me. :) I also talk about my furbaby, Hero a lot if you follow me on Instagram. He is my world.



One of the reasons that I began blogging was because I LOVE sharing, and I wanted to share my passion for teaching, collaboration, technology, and just education in general. I enjoy reaching out to others and just talking about what is going on in my classroom. Teaching is the BEST job out there folks. We are so fortunate to be educators, and I am so honored to collaborate with so many fabulous educators around the world. You are all truly inspiring.

Speaking of inspiration....I love being inspired and motivated by others. There is just something special about listening/watching others share their love for life. At the start of 2015, I made it a goal of mine to film a short video segment each week and post it on my Facebook page and YouTube channel. My goal was to create videos that shared motivational thoughts as well as tips and tricks about teaching with others. The videos are called my Monday's Moment. It has been an amazing experience. Here is my favorite one so far!



Shew! That was real, people! Thanks for letting me share. I am honored to be a part of Spark of Inspiration and look forward to blogging about my classroom adventures with you. Have a WONDERFUL rest of the day! YOU are amazing. YOU are incredible."YOU GOT THIS!"


1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy you are with us! I can't wait to watch your weekly videos. That is awesome that you are doing those!!! I love reading about how much you love teaching and sharing ideas. :) Congratulations on everything happening in May. That will be a big month for you!

    ReplyDelete