Friday, March 27, 2015

Technology In The Classroom: IPEVO

Hey everyone!

At my school, only three teachers have a SmartBoard. I super love technology and wanted one too, but as a new teacher, I knew that would be slim! Then my buddy Corinna at Surfin' Through Second wrote this blog post, and I knew this was something I had to show my principal!

I told him about IPEVO, this interactive whiteboard system. I kid you not, the next week he pulls me in his office and says, want one? Here you go! He had emailed the super and got permission to get 3 to test out in our school. We're going for a big technology push in the district!

So this is it. It comes with the pen, the little mount, batteries, plug in, and a spare nub for the pen.




I took the backing off the mount, because it'll stick where you put it, screwed on IPEVO and plugged him in (I think of it has a him lol) to my computer. 

Then you just calibrate it on the whiteboard (or wall!) and presto!  So now my mind is racing through all the things I can do with this!  It was hooked up on a Friday and then that weekend I created an attendance slide, down below, which was only good for two days (Monday and St. Patrick's Day).


Now I have to think of a slide for April! Flowers and bees? I don't know, but the kids sure enjoyed dragging their gold coin into the pot!







3 comments:

  1. Wow! Lucky you! Never hurts to ask, does it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Lucky you! Never hurts to ask, does it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds cool! Nice work Tanja! :)

    ReplyDelete