Saturday, June 27, 2015

A Practically Perfect Way to Promote Great Behavior!

I am a big believer in the idea that today does not have to be a repeat of yesterday's mistakes. When I was in the classroom, my teaching partner and I had signs in the front of our classrooms that read: You Can ALWAYS Turn Your Day Around. It was a frequent subject in our morning meetings and a hot topic in our chats with our kids. So when my favorite work wife mentioned an idea she had for her kindergartners, I happily volunteered to "cute it up" for her.

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Practically-Perfect-Behavior-Trackers-1925986

Whenever her students had a "positively purple day," she wanted a way to track it in their Leadership Notebooks. The idea was that the chance to color a star on their page each day would get her kinders excited and ready to work a little harder each day.  

After a couple of months she asked me to add a second page because some of her fantastic tiny people had already had 30 Positively Purple Days. Hooray! It was working! Her kids loved seeing their fan-tas-mical days add up. It was great for number recognition and counting as well. 

I started to work on it, and it occurred to me that some people have a clip chart that stops at blue. Or pink! Or no clip chart at all! And so a freebie was born. :) 

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Practically-Perfect-Behavior-Trackers-1925986
There are 11 pages of resources PERFECT for your leadership notebooks, RTI folders, or daily communication folders. I've written a little more about it over at A Spark of Inspiration and I would love for you to check it out! 

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Practically-Perfect-Behavior-Trackers-1925986


Click on any of the images above to grab the freebie from TpT! If you're looking for a particular way to track behavior that you don't see, shoot me an email and I'll see if I can help! 

Thanks for stopping by! 
www.thirdgradebookworm.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment