Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Building Student Relationships

Hi! Sarah here from A Rocky Top Teacher! I know that most of us are on summer break but, as teachers, we are always prepping and preparing for the new school year. 

We can't help it....it's in our genes!

I try to get in a good dose of both relaxing and prepping during the summer months, and this summer I have been spending a lot of time thinking about how I am going to reach out, connect with, inspire, and motivate my new fifth graders in the fall.

5th grade will be a new world for me since I have been in second grade for the last four years. While there is still a lot that is up in the air, I CAN promise you that there will be a healthy dose of motivation and positive connections made with my students. Ever wonder what you can do as an educator to help connect with students on a daily basis even when time is short? *Side note....making time to build relationships with your students is WORTH the time and more important that curriculum sometimes. Just saying. 

Here are some quick ideas to help you build relationships with your kiddos throughout the year. 










How do you connect with your students? 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your great ideas! I love being able to talk with my students about what they think is important! It's super fun to be able to run around and play with them during recess too!!

    Mrs. 3rd Grade 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree esp. with playing with your kids. This will be my 20th year in my district and I still race my first graders. They are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love that you pass notes with your kids. That is SO much fun. :) I'm so excited for your year in 5th. You'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those notes are outstanding! And let it be know that I LOVE recess. We need more of it.
    Matt

    ReplyDelete