Monday, June 22, 2015

Design In Mind

Hey everyone!

I discovered something about myself at the end of this school year, as summer vacation drew near (I'm on it now). I am one of those people. You know, the one that hasn't finished their school year and already is thinking about the next. My co-workers may have been disgusted with me and I'm ok with that. I used to think that too until this year.

What did I do to get ready for the 2015 school year?
To get ready, I made my own class schedule labels, organization labels, binder covers etc.

I am moving rooms. My stuff is packed up and in the corner of my new room which needs a major makeover. Dare I post pictures of what it looked like as the current teacher was packing up to move to my old room? #yesidare  #hopeshedoesntreadthispost

That orange is coming off! 


She doesn't have many bulletin boards, so I need to get creative with the walls and cabinets. That file cabinet is gone with her and I took my black one with me. 

People. Do you see what I have to work with in this portable? I'm dreading going in, but I know the outcome will be worth it.


Yes, we are switching rooms and grades. I plan to go in sometime this summer (it'll most likely be in July as August is now all training days for me haha)

What theme did I go with? I went with a color scheme of black, white, and teal/turquoise.  It's classic, will last a few years, and is good for 4th grade.

Pillows and mat for the entry. We're in a portable, so there will be mud. Plus I got a rug to fit in my library.

Fabric for the 1 bulletin board in the room (well, there might be 2). Binders for subjects, substitute, reading groups, etc. I actually need 2 more of each haha.

Then I created all sorts of labels and posters for everything.

Plus I'm getting an order from Teacher Created Resources with matching bordettes and magnetic strips for my whiteboard.

Today, I have a freebie for you! I made some motivational posters to go with my theme, but for you, I made the background black  so they go with pretty much anything!

Just click the picture to grab!







6 comments:

  1. Where did you get the borders for your labels and the motivational (7 Habits)? Do you have these for sale? I'd love to have the labels and your sayings. Thanks for the freebie today.
    Love the teal, black and white - can't wait to see photos of your room all set up and ready to roll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had background paper and made the labels and posters. I don't have them for sale yet, but have had a few requests...thanks!

      Delete
  2. Where did you get the borders for your labels and the motivational (7 Habits)? Do you have these for sale? I'd love to have the labels and your sayings. Thanks for the freebie today.
    Love the teal, black and white - can't wait to see photos of your room all set up and ready to roll.

    ReplyDelete