Monday, June 29, 2015

Saying Hello! The Brown Bag Teacher

Hello, friends! I'm Catherine Reed and I'm so excited to join the amazing teachers behind A Spark of Inspiration. I blog at The Brown Bag Teacher and this month marks the second year I've had my corner of cyber space. Today I just wanted to take a few seconds to introduce myself, and then, I'll be back next week to share some writing tips from my 1st grade classroom.
I am a 20-something teacher based out of Central Kentucky. This is my 3rd year teaching, and I am currently teaching 1st grade (and loving it!).
I love all things Kentucky - farms, rolling bluegrass, Derby, and most definitely, rocking chairs. This summer I've been spending a whole lot of time reading and rocking. It's wonderful! 
Although a self-proclaimed anti-shopper, I am a Stitch-Fix loving girl. I am all about clothes that arrive at my door that fit and I love. From sailboats to humming birds, I am all about prints lately! :)
Although I am a Kentucky-girl at heart, I absolutely love traveling. My junior year at college, I spent the year studying government (my second major) at the University of London. When in Europe, I visited 8 different countries and have a HUGE itch to return! That's not in the budget right now, so I've been visiting lots of different corners of the United States.
Last, but not least, I am a veggie-loving girl. I've been vegetarian for over 2 years and love the way it makes my body feel. Some vegetarians live on salads, I live on cauliflower...not even kidding. Below you see cauliflower lasagna (which is out of the world), but Foxes and Lemon's cauliflower pizza is the best food I've ever put in my mouth. End of story.
If you want to know more about me, you can check out this ChatterPix Video my 1st grade friends made about me. They pretty much have me nailed! :)
As I mentioned before, this is my 3rd year teaching. My first year I taught 5th Grade ELA outside of Lexington, and it was a hard-but-wonderful year. Teaching 93 minds each day is exhausting work, but I learned SO much that year. You can see more of my 5th grade space here.

Last summer, I moved to my hometown in Central Kentucky and how teach 1st grade. I absolutely love 1st grade and am so happy teaching my smaller friends. :) You can click here to see more pictures from my 1st grade space!

Well friends, I am so excited to be joining the amazing teachers of A Spark of Inspiration. I'll be back next week to share about one of my favorite 1st grade writing strategies. In the mean time, I'd love to connect with you. See you soon! :)

1 comment:

  1. Cute ChatterPix! I'm sure that your students had a fun time making that!

    Julie
    TheHipTeacher

    ReplyDelete