Monday, July 20, 2015

TOP TIPS for Tackling your TO DO LISTS!

tackling your to do list tips and a freebie

Hello there!! It's Ashley here from Schroeder Shenanigans in 2nd and I am excited to be bringing you a few FABULOUS tips and ideas along with a FREEBIE to help you to check those ENDLESS to dos off of your list!!! 

If you follow me on IG, Facebook, Bloglovin', or Periscope, you may already know that I spent some time in Las Vegas with a few over one THOUSAND of my teacher friends in July, 2015 and it was NOTHING short of amazing.  You can read all about my Vegas trip {HERE} on my blog if you would like! 

But today, I'm not coming to you to tell you about Vegas - I'm coming to tell you the TOP TIP that I learned in Vegas that has absolutely changed EVERYTHING about the way that I tackle my to do lists!!!  

Ok can we talk about that laptop up there for a minute?? Yes, there's a laptop screen HIDING under all of those to dos up there.  Has yours ever looked liked this?!?! OF COURSE IT HAS!! We're teachers!! Some of us are teacher BLOGGERS! Our to do lists NEVER EVER END!! Am a right?!?



 I mean just look at the list of lists of lists of to dos I had going on this morning!! . . . UNTIL I remembered and applied my most favorite tip from Vegas..... a tip that is a reminder - a MUCHLY needed reminder - that I CAN'T DO IT ALL.   It doesn't matter how perfect, how neat, how coordinated my to do lists are - I will NOT get it all done! I will NOT!!

BUTTTTTT - - - you know what I CAN get done?!?

ONE THING AT A TIME!! 

I've snagged a tip in Vegas that I PROMISE will help you to tame the lists! Are you ready for it?!?



Yep - it's a VERB -  - - Single task your to do list!!  I cannot TELL you how much more productive I've been when I focus on ONE TASK AT A TIME!! Instead of trying to answer email WHILE I blog, WHILE I reply to and check IG notifications, WHILE I attempt to burn make dinner at the same time - I pull out my TOP TO DO(s) and write them on a separate to do list and TACKLE THEM!!! 

I tried this for the first time this past week and I was AMAZED and COMPLETELY energized and motivated about how ridiculously effective it was!!

I grabbed my EC planner - and chose SINGLE tasks from my {mile long} to do lists - yes lists - and I TACKLED THEM!! I had 2 goals in the morning, 2 goals for the afternoon and ONE for the evening! And guess what!! I GOT THEM ALL DONE AND MORE!!

I know this kind of sounds ridiculously simple and maybe even not worth a blog post, but TO ME, it was WELL WORTH a blog post because of how INCREDIBLY effective it was.  Making a TINY list - with just a FEW priority to dos on it that I pulled off of my master list, I was able to tackle that list in no time.  PLUS, I had a COMPLETED list by the end of the day!!

You know what else this whole SINGLE TASK idea is worth?!? A FREEBIE!!!

I created a quick, simple, PRINTABLE freebie for you to grab and use to get your SINGLE TASKING ON!!!  There is space for you to jot a BRIEF, single task style list for morning, afternoon, and night!

click HERE or the image above to snag this freebie!!! 


I hope you can use this freebie to help you get focused and SINGLE TASK your to do list away!! I PROMISE it works!! :)

Happy tackling!!

9 comments:

  1. Great tip! It's so easy to get overwhelmed, or not get a whole lot done when jumping from task to task! Thanks for the freebie, too!

    Melissa
    Mrs. Reed's Resource Room

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like this tip!! It has seriously been a LIFE SAVER!! :)

      Delete
  2. This is literally saving my life this summer! I can't get into my room until 4 days before school starts. This will help me focus! Watching your periscope now. THANK YOU! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!! SO glad this has been helpful to you, too!! :) Thanks for reading (and watching!!)

      Delete
  3. This is great! Kind of a random question but what is the cursive font use used on your freebie?! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer ! The font is KG Always a Good Time!! :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing, Ashley. I'm going to print this, laminate, and reuse it!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this post ---- AND the freebie! My brain moves about a million miles a minute and I get SO distracted. This will definitely help!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoo hoo! It was you!...I didn't see this on YOUR blog so I thought I was incorrect...It inspired me to create something as well...thinking it might be part of a linky or b2s something...I need to do more homework!!
    Thanks,
    Nancy
    The Apple Basket Teacher

    ReplyDelete